Background

Google
 

Friday, June 8, 2007

for-e-ver. for-e-ver. for-e-ver.


Some of my favorite memories of me and my dad are the days he would check me out of school early for us to drive to Houston to see a double header in the dome!


I loved those times! For my dad and I baseball has always been a bonding tool! He would buy me a program that had the game sheet in the back so I could "keep the book" for the game.


After the game he would check my work and we would laugh over the mistakes. I was probably the only eight year old girl that could tell you what E-3 meant (error on the first baseman) or the ERA of any pitcher on the Astros team at any given time.


As I got older and started playing ball myself, instead of sitting with my dad in the stands and enjoying the game at a "safe" distance, I met him on the field. The most frustrating times were when he was calling behind the plate and I was on the mound. I STILL maintain that the man has a strike zone the size of a Ritz cracker (you know the bite size ones), unless I am in the box and then the zone stretches from knees to shoulders.


Either way, my dad and I LOVE baseball and I can not think of a better time than spending the day on a diamond with my dad. Tomorrow I am meeting my dad to celebrate Father's Day and his birthday that is later this month. I am meeting him to watch the State Baseball Finals.


I can't sleep! I'm too excited!


Love you Dad! (and that was sooooo a strike!)

No comments: