Background

Google
 

Monday, June 11, 2007

You're Killin' Me Smalls!

Ok...today was my REAL first day of classes....long story....don't ask.....

Last semester I had a professor for calculus that I really didn't get. I mean every word out of his mouth was Greek to me. He loved to pontificate on the mundane history behind every definition. However, we never actually learned how to USE them.

Ok, I am well aware that the break down in communication was probably my fault, but hey, I am giving myself the benefit of the doubt here!

Anyway, I found out that he wasn't teaching classes this summer, so what did I do, I signed up for calculus (I need three semesters of it for my degree).

Today I showed up to class a few minutes late (I know, I know, but hey, my friends were floating the freaking river, so at least I went to class). I found my room and reached out to grab the door knob....and froze.

NOOOO! It can't be him! The voice coming to me from the other side of the door was the same one that had taught me the history behind the fundamental theorem of calculus last semester! What is the Fundamental Theorem of Calculus you ask? Heck if I know, but I do know that you can thank the Scottish mathematician James Gregory for it!

Anyway, (well, first I double checked the door number just in case, but then...) I turned the knob and walked into the room.

He looked as shocked as I was! Stopping mid-sentence...."Hello Ms. Carter".

Summoning all of my inner Seinfeld, I replied....

"Hello Newman."

No comments: