Background

Google
 

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Kids Say the Darndest Things

I babysit one family here in Austin quite regularly. (Tomorrow we're going swimming....I don't know who is more excited, them or me!)

Last night it was their parent's date night so I was there to watch the kids. Kelsy is eight. Tyler just turned 7 last week, and Katherine is two. They are the most well behaved kids I have ever kept. Don't get me wrong, they are still kids, so we are acquainted with the time-out corner, but they are REALLY great kids.

Last night Katherine decided to bite Kelsy (this is a new thing...I have no idea where it came from), so I sent her to time-out. She walked over and sat down and immediately asked if she was done.

"No, ma'am. You bit your sister. You are going to stay there for two minutes (one minute for however old the kid is)."

"But, I sowwy NOW."

"I know you are, and when we are done here, you are going to go tell Kelsy that, but right now you are going to sit here and think about why you shouldn't bite your sister."

"Cuz when I bite, I gotta go time-out!"

How do you argue with that logic? Katherine constantly cracks me up and it is hard not to laugh at times like that, but last night it was Kelsy that really got to me.

Kelsy is an awesome big sister. She and Tyler butt heads some, but she is amazing with Katherine. She can be very grown up for her age sometimes. She is always asking me about college and why I want to be a doctor and stuff like that.

Last night while they were getting ready for bed, the questions started up again.

"Amy, why aren't you married?"

Well crap! "Because I am still in school and I am not ready to married right now."

"When do you want to be married?"

"I don't know Kels, maybe in a few years. But I haven't met anyone I want to marry. I have meet them and date them for a while first."

"Are you going to be a doctor or get married first?"

"I don't know...probably be a doctor."

"When you are a doctor and married, will you still babysit us?"

"Kels, by the time I am a doctor and married you won't need a babysitter anymore."

"Yes we will....we will if it's you."

Ok crying time now!

"Thanks Kelsy, that's sweet!"

"Amy, are you going to be a kid's doctor?"

"I don't know, we'll see."

"You should. You're really good with kids."

Can you see why I ADORE these kids? "Thanks sweetie. It's bed time now."

"I know. Goodnight Amy."

"Goodnight beautiful. Sweet dreams!"

I should really take her everywhere with me! She is such an ego boost! I only hope I have kids have that awesome one day!

No comments: