Background

Google
 

Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Lolita the Bunny

I work at a Law Firm doing odd jobs a few days a week. One of those jobs is to answer the phones.

Today, we got a call from one of the retired name partners. He is the cutest little old man. He is still in here a lot chatting with the attorneys and he is just a character.

When he called today, instead of asking for one of the partners, he asked me if I spoke spanish.

"Well, a little bit sir, why?"

"Well young lady, we have rabbits."

Ummmm...was that the answer? "Ok?"

"And all of our rabbits have spanish names."

Again, what does this have to do with me speaking spanish, did he need me translate for one of the rabbits?

"Ok sir, is there a problem with the rabbits?"

"Well, sugar (only a southern gentleman can get away with calling me sugar), we got a new female rabbit today and I wanted to name her Lolita."

Hiding my chuckle, "Ok sir, that sounds like a good name."

"But sweetie, I was wonderin', is that spanish?"

Well crap! I don't know....I know when you add "ita" to something in spanish it means little or it is a term of endearment...but is Lolita spanish?

"Well, sir, I'm not sure but it sure sounds like it doesn't it?"

"Yeah, that's what I thought honey. Do you think that is a good name for a rabbit?"

At this point, normally I would have just laughed in someone's face, but he sounded so serious and it was so cute!

"Sir, in my opinion, Lolita sounds a little like a lady of the evening if you catch my meaning, and since she is rabbit and they say "breed like rabbits" for a reason, I can't think of a better name for a rabbit."

Silence. Oh shit! I went too far!

Chuckle.Chuckle. "Well honey, I think that is damn near the best reason for naming a rabbit Lolita I have ever heard! Thanks!"

Oh thank GOD!!!! I thought my mouth had gotten me in trouble AGAIN!

"No problem sir, who did you need to talk to?"

"Nobody sweetie, that is what I called for. Thanks again!"

"Anytime sir, anytime!"

And THAT is how Lolita the bunny got her name!

No comments: