Background

Google
 

Saturday, June 16, 2007

You may call me My Pearl on Sundays and Goddess Divine on special occasions.

I adore anything Jane Austen as I have said many, many times....(ok, except Mansfield Park....but I still like it!)....I just finished reading Pride and Prejudice for the umpteenth gazillionth time....

Every time I read any of Austen's books I find something hilariously ironic that I missed the first time. Those are the best types of books....the ones that are refreshingly different, but yet comfortingly the same every time you read them.

This time I was reminded of a conversation I had with a very good friend of mine about what she wanted in a man....she had an insanely long list! I am talking LONG.....

At the time I told her that all I wanted was NOT the man on the white horse coming to my rescue. How dull would that be? Plus I am perfectly capable of taking care of myself! (Most of the time :)) I wanted the man on the black horse that had started all the trouble in the first place! But besides that I had no specifics...I wanted to leave more to providence than that....ok...I know...sounds good in theory right, but not realistic.

Of course I have an image in my head (but he's usually naked, so we don't talk much...kidding...kidding....kinda) but I really DON'T want to get all that specific.

Anyway, back to Austen. The wise teacher that she is, has taught me another valuable lesson....and that is....

Well, you will have to read it and figure it out yourself....

What?

Ok, Ok, Geez, I have to do everything around here!

I learned that I don't need to know what qualities I want in a man....I just need to be able to recognize them when seen packaged together in THE man.

Plus, lets face it girls, on the eve of Father's Day, this is probably true for you too, so I'll just be honest....no matter how hard I try to avoid it, I am daily growing to be more and more like my mother, and the man I see in my future has qualities more and more like my dad...

I should be so lucky! Happy Father's Day Daddy! I love you!

P.S. Dad: Insanely loud whistle

Amy: Hyah!

No comments: