Background

Google
 

Sunday, June 3, 2007

Look Guys! Water!!!

My family and I spend as much time as possible on the water! WE LOVE IT!

I got a call from my mom today and we talked about a number of random things (we do this multiple times daily) and she stopped mid-sentence to say "OH! I gotta go. I got a fish!".

And the line went dead. (I didn't even know they were fishing, but it's not that big of a surprise.)
I can pretty much tell you verbatim how the following conversation went on my dad's boat.....

"Randy! Look! I got one! Isn't he big!" Giggle giggle.

"Huge Ginger, absolutely huge. I don't know if it will fit in the boat." This would be said with the most deadpan of voices and facial expressions. I should also point out that my dad has a 24 foot tritoon boat that seats 15 comfortably.

"Well come get it already! It's wiggly." She says while swinging the pole (with the poor fish attached at one end) from one side of the boat to another.

"Keep it still, and I could get it off the line! Jeez woman!"

"Oh! Sorry!" Giggle Giggle.
My dad would reach out at this point grab the fish, take his handy pliers and remove the hook. Depending on the actual size of the fish, he would either throw it back in the lake or toss it at Cadence (my parents freakily human-like black lab).
If the fish went back in the water, he would re-bait my mom's hook, cast for her, slap her on the butt (you should know that that part was incredibly uncomfortable to type), and hand her the pole. (They would do this all over again at least three or four times per fishing trip). If it got tossed at Cadence they would laugh at the annoyed face she made at them for being brought out of whatever dream she was having, and then he would go get this fish, put it the live well before the whole re-baiting ritual.
You should know that fishing only happens between whatever random catastrophe that we run into....today it was my mom "catching" a boat passing them with a family of five. When whatever catastrophe is resolved, it is time for a break, so they will stop for a while, put Cadence's life jacket on her and go swimming! After all of this....it is time to fish!

Catch one for me Mom!

No comments: