Background

Google
 

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

I'm H2O intolerant.

Yesterday I learned how to swim! (Well, kinda, it's a process.)

I met Helen (my personal trainer) at the lane pool on campus. Her first question to me is,"You know how to swim right?"

"Well, I know how to not drown."

"You never learned how to swim?"

"I grew up in the country. I learned how to swim when my dad threw me off the boat. I mean the only time I really had to swim was when I fell off the skis."

"No way."

"Yeah. I had a sister once, but she was a slow learner."

"What!?!"

"Ok, the last part was a joke. But the rest of it is true."

"We had to take swimming in school."

"Yeah well our idea of water sports involved a bass boat and a cooler."

"Are you telling me you can't swim to the other end of the pool and back?"

"Gosh no! I can absolutely do that....it just ain't gonna be pretty!"

So she spent the next hour really breaking down the mechanics of the freestyle and the breaststroke. And guys....I LOVE it!

I went again this morning. I just crave it. My only fear is that I will end up with huge shoulders and no breasts...but that is just a sacrifice I may have to make.

That and the reoccurring sight of me in a purple Speedo.... shudder.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh that is so funny, I feel the exact same way! I actually remember my dad talking me into going to edge of the dock with him, then him throwing me in...man we are so country it is not funny, but hey i wouldn't change it for the world!

Anonymous said...

don't worry I don't know how to swim ether!

Jkerr said...

Girl you crack me up!!