Background

Google
 

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

As God as my witness...As God as my witness....

Ok guys....the search for the perfect place to live is (hopefully) coming to an end.

Yesterday I put down a deposit and turned in an application on a 1-1 (that's right...just me and Chloe) in south east Austin.

No, it isn't very pimp....quite frankly it's a little more hooker than pimp, but it will be home.

And....it is not even close to some of the EXPENSIVE hovels I was shown in the past week. I looked at a place that boasted a walk in closet. However, sitting right smack dab in the middle of that closet....the freakin hot water heater! Who designed this...seriously?

Another one did not have ANY overhead lighting, so they had rigged lighting and fans with their cords stapled down the walls. Obviously these were not controlled by switches in the walls...oh no...one would have to come home every day and walk around the house to PLUG IN THE LIGHTS. All this could be yours for the low monthly payment of 600/mo plus utilities and pet rent. (Don't even get me started on pet rent!)

But, this wasn't even the worst one....oh no...

In quite a few 1-1's you have to go through the bedroom to get to the bathroom (not mine by the way) so any guest you have is going to see your messy bedroom....ok....maybe the messy part is just me....but still...


However, in one I looked at, not only did you have to go through the bedroom, but also the closet! And I don't mean one of those cool passthroughs like in Carrie's apartment in Sex and the City.....oh no....you open the closet door....and the walk through to the back and open the other door to get to the bathroom....guy's...it's a hidden room! (and that's not a very good room to hide)

And how do you explain how to get to the bathroom? "Yea, just go into my bedroom, and open the closet door. Try not to trip over my dirty laundry. Then go to the back of the dark creepy closet to the other door that looks like something out of Silence of the Lambs and it's right through there. If you get lost, take a right at the high heels!"

What the .... come on now!

But hopefully all this horror is now at an end! Lets all pray that my application goes through and I get my wonderfully, only slightly scary, apartment!

No comments: