Background

Google
 

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Help me help you!

I have gotten FAT!

Any of you that have seen me in the last few years are already well aware....

I have also gotten fed up with complaining about it so this summer I have really gotten busy doing something about it. I started eating better and working out more....

What?

Ok yeah I could have taken the "more" out and left that sentence just "I started eating better and working out" and it would have still been true....geez give a girl a break!

Anyway, I have done pretty good this summer...I have lost over 20 lbs!!

(pause for all the screams of congratulations and applause)

Oh, thank you! Stop! Really! Oh, you're too kind.......don't stop!

However, my weight loss has started to plateau and I CAN'T have that....so today was my first session with my personal trainer Helen...aka Ass Kicker!

(You should know that it has taken me an hour and a half to type this much because even my fingers are sore.)

THIS WOMAN IS INSANE......and WAY too happy at WAY too early in the morning.

I met her at 9 am (ok...to all of you that are laughing now because you think that 9 is NOT early....I would just like to remind you that I am in college....where the average alarm clock rarely goes off before noon and bed time is somewhere between two and three a.m. ...for most that is because that is when the bars close....sadly for me that is just a coincidence.)

I will say this about getting to the gym at the crack of dawn (Mom, I left out my little saying there just for you!) it is pretty empty. So, I didn't feel like there were A LOT of people watching when she had me lay across a big ball and stick my LARGE butt up in the air to do some extremely painful exercises. However, the ones that are there look like entries in the Arnold Schwarzenegger and Christy Brinkley look-a-like contests.

Anyway, back to Helen....this chick was literally bouncing off the walls, and by the end of my hour I wanted to bounce her off the walls....and I would have....if I could have lifted my arms.

But seriously, she was great. I only wanted to maim her about half the time and lucky for her it was the second half so I couldn't have even if I really wanted to. I know that she will help me get back to the healthy girl I used to be.

SOOOOOO....I am really going to put myself out there....all mumble mumble cough cough pounds of me, and let you all hold me accountable. I submit to you all my before picture....



Oops.....wrong one.....here we go....



And hopefully there will be an after picture fairly soon to follow.....wish me luck!!!

2 comments:

Mindy said...

I am so proud of you! We will encourage one another on in this endeavor. Also, I have added you to my "Friends Who are Good Reads" on my blog page...I too love comments :) Shameless plug, I know. But you love me!

Anonymous said...

Good luck!! :-)