Background

Google
 

Friday, October 24, 2008

"--Mac, you ever been in love? --No, I've been a bartender all my life." - My Darling Clementine

I have said many times that being an adult really stinks....

Responsibility as a whole is just much less than it is made out to be! The only upside to being in your twenties....alcohol.....and that's just sad.

Unfortunately, alcohol costs money. Even for me! My roommates are all bartenders around town, so admittedly, my costs are significantly lower than those of your average Austinite, but I have a problem there.

I have the income of your average poor college student....but the elevated, more expensive taste, of someone in my age range that has done the binge drinking thing and now actually cares what the stuff tastes like.

This is HIGHLY problematic.....for me and my VISA....

So I am sitting at home paying bills the other night, complaining about my empty bank account, when my roommate comes in and hands me a wad of cash for this months bills....

"THAT'S IT!", I yelled. "I am sick and tired of working three times more hours than you guys and bringing home less money!"

And that is when inspiration hit! Make the alcohol work for you!

So I did.....tomorrow night is my final night of a two week bartending school! I LOVE IT!!! Not only will I make more money...but now I know what is in all the drinks being ordered around me....therefor making a better drinker too!

I seriously don't know why everyone doesn't tend bar.....

No comments: