Background

Google
 

Friday, January 4, 2008

Yes. Doug Can Read.

Well guys, I am finally moved into my new place.....

Although I use most of those words very loosely.

Take the word my for example....technically, my stuff lives in this new house, but I do not. I had to be out of my apartment by Dec. 24 (which I made...by the skin of my teeth....and more help from Mindy than she EVER should have agreed to....LOVE YOU MINDY!!!!) Anyway, the house is a four bedroom....one of the guys and the girl that currently live there are staying and will be my new roomies! However, two of the guys that live there are on a waiting list for a condo downtown......for those of you that are mathematically inclined and just did that math in your head (mom), know that makes five people and four bedrooms.....that also means that there are three sofas, two coffee tables, two end tables, a papasan chair, a book shelf, two tv's with their own tv stands, and a huge fish tank IN THE LIVING ROOM ALONE.

Lets just say chaos reigns.....or for you scientific dorks like me....this reaction has a positive entropy.

Anyway so now I am bouncing back and forth between the new house and Mindy's....but that is soooooooooo not even the point of this blog.....

When I was packing to move, Mindy put her foot down....just like my mom did the move before this about the number of books I own......

Here is the thing......it is against my religion to throw away a book.....and I know I read a TON of ratty romance novels....but hey.....I love them! I know I could lug them down to Half-Price Books and sell them back, but like I said "ratty romance novels".....they don't exactly fetch a pretty penny.

TOTALLY NOT worth the effort! So they sit on my bookshelf....and in my car...and backpack....and side tables.....and random bathroom drawers....once even in my freezer (no idea)....

Well Mindy and I..........ok so mainly Mindy........decided that the ones that I don't re-read have to go, and since we are making a Goodwill run anyway, that is where they are headed.

Seven Hefty bags later......

Yes! I said SEVEN.....You know that moment when an alcoholic decides that they do NOT have a drinking problem but just to prove it to everyone, they go through their house and start pouring out bottles. When all is said and done, there are bottles covering both the counter and the dining room table....well, it's kinda like that!

There was Janet Evanovich, Jude Deveroux, Jennifer Cruise and Sandra Brown all strewn about in all their fabulous glory.

That's when I knew.......My name is Amy.....and I have a reading problem!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My name is Beth and I share your addiction...PROUDLY!!!

Mindy said...

LMAO...I am so proud of you for admitting your weakness, and doing all you could to overcome it. Yes, there were SEVEN bags....and they were probably stolen before the Goodwill people even knew they existed...