Background

Google
 

Thursday, September 27, 2007

Common Topics of Conversation

Guys....I am a nerd!

It is official! School is back underway and I am daily, finding ways to cement my fate as a self-made nerd.

Here are the Top 5 Reasons:

5) Last weekend we came home from ACL (Austin City Limits Music Festival)....it was AWESOME by the way....and instead of doing college-y things like play beer pong and get arrested (ok, some of us did that too), we played Trivial Pursuit and went to bed.

4) I spend something like 9 hours a day either in class or studying. So much so that my friends think my study buddy has kidnapped me....he hasn't by the way....what? I can't hear you.....of course I wrote what you told me....yes sir....what ever you say sir!

3) Today as I was swimming (still loving it by the way), I was mentally going over the cohesive and adhesive properties of water and how the hydrogen bonding was responsible for the resistance in my stroke.

2) I got into a discussion last night about how the density of a loogie determines if it is possible to spit one out of the top of a moving jeep and it not hit you on the head. Ok so this sound like the conversation of a 12-yr old boy and not a nerd....I know, but it's the fact that we were using terms like "density" and "vectors" and "wind resistance".

and the best one.....

1) I TiVO Jeopardy! Every night as a study break, do I bust the Wii out and go to town, hell no....I have a standing date with Alex Trebek....that dapper, discerning, sexagenarian.....

1 comment:

Mindy said...

I am concerned for you.