Background

Google
 

Monday, August 6, 2007

I'm siiiiiiingin' in the Rain!

My friend Rico Suave (name changed for security sake....his...not mine) took me out last night.

We were going to go to a show, but when we got to the club at the designated time, there were like five whole people there.....so we left.

We ended up at Rain. (In case you are not from the area....rain is short for rainbow....)

I have been to Rain a few times before with some of my friends and I have always had a good time, but this time, it was KARAOKE NIGHT!!!!!

Those of you that know me, know that karaoke is one of my favorite things on the planet. I mean, I think the act of singing your heart out in front of your friends and perfect strangers is one of the most fun things...well....ever! But I had no idea what I had walked into!

Straight karaoke and gay karaoke are nothing alike. Straight karaoke involves mass amounts of alcohol and terribly bad renditions of rock classics with some Patsy Cline's Crazy thrown in.

Ok, yeah, I am usually the one belting out Crazy but come on....it's freakin' Patsy Cline!

Anyway, gay karaoke has to be seen to be believed. These guys, are GOOD! It is a whole night of the divas being sung by guys with higher and better voices than most of the divas themselves.

Of course I had a wild hair and had to sing me some Dixie Chicks....Goodbye Earl to be exact....

I had a freaking blast! And as Rico would say....the queens....they love me!

No comments: