Background

Google
 

Monday, June 16, 2008

"Insanity runs in my family. It practically gallops!" - Arsenic and Old Lace

Summer is here....my job is over (I tutor and the demand for that slows down quite drastically when there is no school).....and there is a stream of endless possibilities as to how I should spend my summer....unfortunately they all seem to be working a mindless job for minimum wage and minimum enjoyment....

Summer really is not all it's cracked up to be sometimes :(

I am, however, somewhat making the most of this time....I am working on the family cookbook and memory book.

Basically it is just a random compilations of stories and traditions tied together with the one thing we all love....food!

However, I do feel incredibly honored to be the one to be able to do this! I am getting stories, notes, and historical data about my family that I never knew....

As I get to know this family more and more, I become immersed in a feeling of awe that stems from the knowledge that I am come from people that not only did extraordinary thing that changed the course of this country, they also did small things on a daily basis that carried into the lives of all those around them!

It is daunting at times, and feels rather intimidating....but at least I know from them....the potential is there to make things happen! (and I know the secret to a seafood gumbo that will make you slap your mammy)

No comments: